Many small businesses which serve local communities wonder if there is benefit in having an online presence. The answer is without a doubt a resounding YES. As a website designer who focuses on helping local small businesses build their online presence, I know I speak from a position of bias, but let me take a moment to offer just a few reasons why I believe it is important for local businesses to be online.
Let’s start with a few stats collected from Verisign, Fundera, and Oberlo:
- 91% of customers have visited a store because of an online experience.
- 46% of all Google searches have local intent, and there are over 89.3 Billion searches on Google each month (and Google is just one of several search engines). People look for local businesses online.
- 75% of internet searches on mobile devices result in store visits within 24 hours.
- 91% of people use the internet to look for local goods or services.
- 92% prefer to get information from a business’ website instead of their social media page.
- 64% prefer to buy from businesses they can contact online.
In short, a website builds helps build visibility, credibility, and interest with your customer base.
The vast majority of potential customers begin their search for a business through an internet search. Without a website, your business is virtually invisible. While word of mouth is a valuable means of producing leads, the internet provides a huge platform for getting your name out to potential customers.
When determining which businesses to entrust with their business, customers time and again report that a solid website and online presence play a critical role. A website along with online reviews offer a strong source of credibility to the modern consumer.
Potential customers will pour over a website to learn all they can about a business. As a customer finds answers to questions about the services/products offered by a business, a connection is built which often leads to a contact and potentially a sale.
This brief article lays out but a few of the reasons why I believe a well-built website is a critical piece of a local small business plan for success. Drop me an email or give me a call if you would like to see how I could help you reach your online audience in a professional, personal, and affordable manner.